Thursday, January 21, 2010

maud..

well, mildred finally gave up the ghost..we were all very sad, but i just don't seem to be able to keep ferns in the manner to which they have so obviously become accustomed (i had another tiny fern called barry, and he died a short while ago as well..)..

bearing this in mind, i decided not to get another fern to replace her..i'm not sure what i ended up getting, but she's very lovely in any case, and i have named her - in what i feel is a rather fitting tribute - maud (those of you who still don't appreciate these references, please see me after class in my office)..

6 Comments:

Blogger Emm said...

perhaps a ficus.

emmjustlovely.blogspot.com

3:29 PM  
Blogger Homebody said...

You are not alone. I seem to kill ferns, too, though my thumbs are very green with other plants. What is the deal with ferns?

5:54 PM  
Blogger PomHeart said...

ferns like it to be a bit humid and no direct sunlight for too long. i suggest getting an african violet as they are pretty and they do best if the water is put in a saucer underneath the pot so they can drink when they are thirsty. also, wow, tim curry... wow.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very good name. She looks
like a Maud.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Purple Cow said...

well, if it makes you feel any better I once killed a cactus.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Just said...

Sorry about Maud. I'm currently very concerned about a few of my vegetable plants... first time grower. I love, love, love the name of your blog by the way. The Breakfast Club is one of my favourite films.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home