Tuesday, April 24, 2007

le snot..

am a wee bit ill..i seem to have been attacked by some kind of uber-cold/flu virus over the weekend, and it's hellbent on shaking me around, slapping me round the face, punching me in the chest, and not letting me go..meh..i'm already a good way through my second box of kleenex balm tissues since sunday, but the thought of venturing to tesco in my present state is enough to reduce me to tears..went in there on a soup/ice cream/ready brek/oranges mission yesterday, after having been to boots on a drug mission, and the high ratio of jesmond-ites (or rahs, to those who don't live here), which would normally merely enrage me, instead almost caused my brain and body to shutdown completely in my weakened condition..

..i also seem to have lost the ability to structure a coherent sentence due to this illness..oh well..

on a lighter note, i have recently ventured far enough into last fm to create my own profile, after having a look at han's when i visited her the other day..i have to say i quite like it for now (despite the fact that it doesn't seem to be working at the moment)..i'm enjoying the fact that you can listen to a radio station made up of your friends' favourite music - it's a bit like having them dj for you, in a weird, not really way..

although, talking of friends dj-ing for you in the comforst of your own room, check out biscuits, the excellent and highly amusing podcast done by my friend james and his friend roo..i can't find a direct link to it, but there is one on roo's blog, which is well worth a read also..

phew..that's quite enough for today, i reckon..think i might go and have a tiny snooze..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

after being told (repeatedly) about the joys of last.fm by jimmy it took your blog to make me investigate it-- i think it may just save my sanity at work!

roughly two days a week i work alone in a sweaty basement stock room with no windows and it eventually becomes stressful trying to find cd's in the shop to listen to!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and get well soon, obviously. x

9:07 AM  
Blogger degs said...

Get well soon. If it cheers you up I'm plotting nasty, sticky, apt deaths for RA's even as you read this. Not one of them will be bitten by spiders. Promise.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home