Friday, December 01, 2006

lovely drunken foul-mouthed scotsmen..

arab strap, oh arab strap, how i have loved you. your foul-mouthed, drunken ramblings and gentle melodies have made many a dull dayshift in the star seem like an enchanted, long-forgotten afternoon, and have soothed away many a hangover..your set last night was wonderful. i liked it that you played 'the first big weekend', even if aidan moffat sounds about 50 years older than the fresh-voiced boy on the recording..that just made it all the better. you also played my favourite song of yours ever..i would have enjoyed that all the more had it not been for the morons behind me talking all the way through it. (dear morons, why did you stand there and talk loudly about how good the sound is, and how nice the acoustic guitar sounds? if i couldn't hear over your booming, ape-like voices, then i don't see how you could have. how about just shutting up? if you ever do that again i will have no choice but to punch you in the face and kick you in the nuts. i promise.) anyway, i am sad that you are gone, arab strap..

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr Axl said...

I'm gutted they didn't play oxford on their farewell tour. I saw them twice at the Zodiac & they were fuckin' awesome both times.
I sympathise with the annoyance at those fans. One of the times I saw them, some bloke kept saying things like "Cheer Up" and "Play a proper song". Fucking gimp. What were you expecting at an Arab Strap gig? Rose Royce covers? It just baffles me as to why these people go. Mogwai had the right idea, I love that story about them sacking that guy from their band coz he talked through an Arab Strap gig. Fair play to them I say.
Arab Strap were wicked. I miss them already.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they did indeed improve many a dayshift for me as well as you, and i too am sad they are gone. i will miss them.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Inwardly Confused said...

I love it when people love stuff. Marvellous.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home